Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quarter .... of a century

So, our computer had been broken = no pictures to blog, but we're back baby and comin' at ya with a vengeance! We begin with my BIRTHDAY 25 and ... it doesn't seem like any different yay!
My birthday began during the middle of the week with some inspirational shopping with Mom Taunya. We had a great time and I couldn't believe how lucky I am. THANK YOU mom and dad Martin!!
Then Friday Alex and I hung out, did a little shopping in Park City with Jacob and Elaina where I used my new found inspiration to acquire some great finds, one of which I chose to wear on my birthday. Of course it's green!
Saturday was THE day and it started off with my sister taking me to breakfast. IHOP has these delicious cinnamon swirl french toasts and mm mm GOOD. We finished up with a little more shopping and spending the morning together.
After spending the afternoon with my mom it was home to have dinner with my hunnie!!
We picked none other than Cafe Rio with their beef burrito, enchilada style and DELISH chips con queso how could we resist.
Jacob and Elaina came to The Rio with us and then we all headed back to our apartment for a movie. It was of course a chic flick, but I'd heard 17 Again was good for guys too. We compromise :)
After the movie we headed back out to a family tradition.......
It is one of the most old fashioned ice cream parlors ever and brings back so many good memories. I'm going to miss when I don't live so close to this place.
I'm not sure what it's called that Jacob and Elaina had, but it's vanilla ice cream smothered in peanut butter and chocolate a pb&c lover's dream!Alex's generosity allowed me to pick the dessert this time and so we strayed away from the pb&c to the Pralines ice cream on a cheesecake crust, DRENCHED in caramel. I was in heaven!!HEAVEN.....
We finished up the night with a little of my childhood home movies. My dad has worked so hard to put them all onto DVD for us and it was so much fun to see my chubby little 2 yr. old cheeks!!
Can you believe I'm 25? Your baby has hit the quarter mark and it's been a great ride.
Thanks to Rayne and Tom, Ryan and Jenny and Ade, and everyone for caring to celebrate my birthday with me!!
Peace to Michael Jackson, we had some good birthdays together.

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

We are glad you had such a great birthday! So glad you are in our family!