Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas brings so much joy

It's the Day after Christmas and the most amazing day of our lives! I had asked Alex if we could do something special for Christmas, just the two of us. His brilliant idea was to go up Big Cottonwood canyon to a place we went on our second date and carve our initials in a tree. I thought it would be a good time for us to spend alone. So we drive up there, and hike through the snow that was up to our thighs, to our spot. It had become a little overcast and snow flurries were beginning to float. The giant Christmas looking trees were covered in snow and it was so amazing... I mean it was the perfect time.



Alex carved and E and an A in the tree and then I had a card/letter that I had wanted to give Alex. When he got done reading it we decided to take off, cause it was FREEZING. Alex asked me to wait so he could put the card away, and then said he had a Christmas present for me. He wasn't supposed to buy me anything so I was very surprised. He pulled out a green velvet bag with a bow around the top and handed it to me. I untied the bow and reached inside. I pulled out the most amazing wooden box. Not thinking beyond the wooden box that it was, maybe Alex had just made it for me, he does stuff like that. I was really excited - it was gorgeous. THEN... Alex said my name and his eyes started to well up with tears..hmmm this doesn't seem normal. Then I knew something was up. And you guessed it folks, he got down on one knee and said that magic phrase... Will You Marry Me? OH MY GOODNESS I was already bawling at this point, I just hugged him and told him I loved him and to get out of the snow. He says I told him yes, but I don't even remember. So he opened the box and there was the ring. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He put it on my finger and we hiked down.
It was the best Christmas we have ever had.
There were a lot of people to call and smiling and explaining our story yesterday and now we've finally gotten the time to tell it on our blog. We would like to thank Melissa and Mindy who brought us together and our families for their amazing support and joy for us.
We have chosen July 10th as our day to be sealed for all eternity in the Bountiful temple!

6 comments:

Denise and Brandon said...

Ahhhhh! Congratulations! We wish we could be there. Good luck with all the planning and we're glad you had a very Merry Christmas!
P.S. Your ring is beautiful!

J n Bee said...

Wow! Talk about a Marry Christmas :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We LOVE you so much. We are so happy for you two and the many joys that await you as husband & wife!

The box looks saweet! And your ring looks amazing!

Love Ya!

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

I am so happy for you! Alex you're a lucky man!! Married life is amazing! Congrats.. best of luck with planning! Since I just got married I know how hectic plans can get.. give me a call if you need anything! Way to score on the ring! It's beautiful!!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations You guys!! I'm so Happy for you!! And I'm so happy that I listened to my gut and set you guys up!!! And I'm Very Very Happy that Alex called you after I gave him your #!! :) You guys are Perfect for each other!! :) I'm just so freakin excited for you!! Oh and in case you are wondering - I got your blog address from Mindy, Alex e-mailed it to her!! I'm going to add you to my blog list!! My blog address is melissasug.blogspot.com. Check it out!! Talk to you soon!! :)

Marnae said...

WOW congratulations! How wonderful for both of you. There is nothing better than finding that person you will spend forever with. Hooray. The ring is beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you.

Nichole said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!!