Saturday, December 8, 2007

New York, NEW YORK

Alex and I had the opportunity to go to New York with his mom this Oct. to visit his sister Adrienne. She's been working out there and I had never been. It's amazing how the culture can change so much from one end of the country to the next.

Our first morning in New Jersey I ate Oatmeal Squares cereal and it has become my new favorite ceral. We had a ride into the city by Alex's aunt becuase her husband was on business staying at the Waldorf-Astoria. This hotel was unbelieveable!! So of course we took a picture by his aunt's door. Can't you tell?


We accidentally took a train into Brooklyn and snapped this shot of the Brooklyn bridge. We saw a man snatching up a pigeon in a box and rode away with it on his bicycle...we have no idea what he planned to do with it.

Why would you want to do that to your dog?
It was a crazy time on the subways, but we eventually got the hang of it.


Taking a break from walking to drink a jamba juice was a good thing. Who knew it would be so humid there?

We had the last tickets to see Wicked and it turned out to be the best show I'd ever seen.


I must have Hard Rock blood because no matter where I go I seem to run into them. Right around the corner from Wicked was Hard Rock NYC!


Broadway, Times Square is so busy with people. Who knew every night was a weekend for everyone.

Stopping to pose at the famous Madison Square Garden while we waited for our train back to NJ

The Shake Shack is a MUST in NYC, so we heard. The line was over an hour wait. But for the shake I got, totally worth it.
I was the only one who heeded the promptings of the billboards...
Good thing I did my shack-cercise cause my shake was so DELICIOUS!! I don't think I could have handled it otherwise. Alex and his sister Adrienne had a hamburger. mm mm good

The second broadway play we got to see was Les Miserables. We decided to dress up a little more for this one. And then got in trouble for taking this picture. oops

Careful, no honking or you'll have a hefty fine to pay! $350, I wonder how they monitor that?...

We had the amazing opportunity to watch General Conference from inside the New York City temple.

Our last night in New York was well spent ;)

1 comment:

SqUiRt said...

The Waldorf-Astoria?? No freakin way!! I've wanted to check that hotel out ever since I started watching Gossip Girl. It's so lame, what I want to see in life is from a stupid show. Whatever! I'm still jealous that you got to see it!