Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring...

A Time to Try New Things

Conference weekend was spent trying new things. Dad Hoffmann decided to hand over his carving knife and let Alex take a wack at carving his first turkey. We all thought he did a pretty good job.
I was surprised to see how well he did his first time.
Then I decided to try a new recipe. Alex had let me get a new dessert cook book and I found a combination both of us would love. Oatmeal chocolate chip Waffle cookies!! His favorite cookie and my favorite breakfast.
Who knows with things like this how they'll turn out, but they were a surprise hit.
With the waffle iron they had just the right crunch!

Now for some people Conference Weekend reminds them that Easter is close, but there's something else that helps me feel like it's Easter.
Would you guess anything else?... ;) Ok so really We get m&m's for pretty much every holiday. But Easter ones are some of my favorite.
I like these ones especially because they have pictures on them that cleverly incorporate the M in them - sheep, ducks and the peanut butter ones are speckled!! We have containers to put them in for every Holiday. You'd be surprised if you ever didn't see them on our coffee table.
Happy Easter

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

It was great to be with you guys over Easter! We need to have you guys over for dinner at our house soon. Perhaps a BBQ when the weather decides to turn spring.

Congrats to Al on the big turkey carving. :)

I think I need to have that waffle cookie recipe. I love making new desserts.