Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stayin' Warm

Alex and I have recently changed our bedspread from the one Alex's mom made us, while it's in for some repairs, to the one my mom made us. It was a t-shirt quilt from most of my t-shirts growing up. It was hard to sew and to cut out. A huge thanks to Elaina who initially helped cut the t-shirts up and then helped tie the quilt. Also to Brooke who helped tie. The quilt was hard to tie because they stretch so much; who would've guessed they can stretch that much? It turned out awesome and it's SUPER warm, but if you missed it at the reception, here's a few pictures.

The middle row of baby t-shirts are actually ones that my parents brought back for me from cruises and vacations they took when I was really young.

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Awesome quilt! I totally want to make one someday. Will you help me? :)

Ashlee said...

That is amazing and such a great idea! I love it. Your mom rocks! Yay for blogs and facebook. Does Rachel have either?