Friday, February 6, 2009

Run, Run Just as Fast as You Can

This post doesn't have any pictures because, well I don't have any to document this. I have begun my journey training for a marathon. For those of you who don't run marathons you may not think a 5k (3 mile) marathon is quite a big deal, and for those of you who do run, know that your first marathon regardless of how long or short it is, is the biggest hurdle. My sweet husband has decided to be my partner in training and is quite the support. I started on Monday and we run, bike and I do pilates throughout the week, taking a break on Sundays. It's quite a different schedule than we've been used to, but he puts up with it. He knows how important this is and how difficult it is for me. My knee isn't the greatest and it's been about a year and a half since I last ran, there isn't a time when I run that I don't get some kind of side-ache, weak knee or loss of interest - running really bores me, and he helps me through all of it. Plus I run at a pretty pathetic slow pace right now and I'm hoping it will improve. I don't know how these next few months will go, but my awesome sister-in-law is going to do the marathon with me so I'll have someone by my side to carry me through. And it's for a good cause, the Race for a Cure, so that makes it even more worth it, if it means I walk through the finish line I will!

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

You rock! Good luck with the training. It is a million times easier if you have a buddy or two. Looks like you have a lot of support. It is so worth all your efforts. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. I am so excited for you!