Saturday, August 20, 2011

Riding through May

Dad wanted to take a ride up to Promintory point the last Saturday in May so we hopped on the bikes and started driving. I hadn't been on a ride this long with my dad and his bike before, but I was definitely looking forward to it. I'd never been to Promintory before and I love learning history.
They do a complete reinactment of the Golden Spike happening.
Me, Elaina & Jacob.... and the actual conductor of the trains :)
They asked dad to participate in the reinactment. He brought the gold spike!! And he wonders where we get our flare for dramatics ;)

Dad and Jacob next to the Jupiter
It was definitely a fun way to spend the day. Something I'd never experienced before. I had no idea how long the drive was.... guess I missed part of it when I fell asleep for about 40 min on the back of my dad's bike. No one's sure how this could even happen, but when you're tired, you're tired.

No comments: