Saturday, August 20, 2011

Celebrate in July!

Our regular Camperworld in Coalville was flooded over the 4th of July, so we took our adventure to Kamas
It was such an awesome place to try, since we'd never been there before there was a lot of exploring to do.
Mom got Alex jalapeno cheese hot dogs. He was the only one to try them of course.
Our fire cooks many things
And some things too well.... Elaina didn't mind the charcoal taste with her s'more, but she didn't let Jacob help her cook any more after that.
Which is where the new invention of dad's gusher s'smores came from. A surprise inside the marshmallow.
What could be more American for the 4th of July Independence day, than a game of baseball
While my sister slept, we kidnapped her dog and took him exploring with us
He followed this white line the whole way
From Zeus' perspective
I hadn't had tin foil dinners in so long, they were DELISH!!
Mom even found Alex mint chocolate marshmallows! Perfection.
When we got home, we decided to use some sparklers to celebrate while we watched/heard fireworks going off nearby.
We love sparklers
So many things to celebrate in July. One of them is our ANNIVERSARY!
Alex and I have been married 3 years this July and it was awesome. We had ice cream, just like our very first date, only super mini version and watched fireworks at the near by fire station.
Then he surprised me with tickets to see our favorite band Owl City.
We were literally right next to the stage I could feel the beat of the music in my bones. It was Alex's first concert and I was so glad to share it with him.
The next weekend was the premiere of Harry Potter #7 part 2 and mom and I decided to see the first showing.... by the time she went to buy tickets, we ended up with the 3AM showing!! We both went to bed and got up about 2:15 to be there on time, and when I climbed back in bed at 5:45, Alex never even knew I was gone. He was so surprised to find out the next day that I'd already seen it while he was sleeping. It was so much fun with my mom, I can't believe we both made it through without falling asleep. She's my hero!
That same day we saw Harry Potter, Papa Bear and Mama T took us to Flaming Gorge for a weekend. My first trip to the Gorge! We love new experiences.
We got in a little frizzbee time while dinner was cooking. Was it tacos or tin foil dinners this night?...
Jim's a great cook, but marshmallows are left to the fire :)
Saturday we got a look of the gorge from above. I had no idea it was as big as it is.
After our little hike, we took our picnic to the pond. It was such a great place to have lunch. I especially enjoyed the fresh cherries. I wish I had a picture of how much Livy did too ;)
Close encounters on the way back down, had us pulling over on the side of the road for a good look
When the afternoon heat started cooling down we brought out the baseball.
Mr. O was a good coach on the sidelines, he never had to use his whistle
Unfortunately, Alex broke his "bat" on Ryan's curve ball. It was a great trip and I'm SO GRATEFUL that the Martin's provided a time for us all to get together. I love spending time with them and a whole weekend? Who could ask for more.
Before my family took off to Lake Powell without Alex and I :( we celebrated the 24th of July with fireworks Elaina had gotten from her parents in Washington. They have AMAZING fireworks.
Here's our sparklers show
Alex is proud of this one... wonder if that's because it looks like Tron? ;)
Then we started letting off the big ones. Our whole neighborhood came out to watch.
Our anniversary weekend was delayed because of an issue with the hotel... which I didn't even know we were going anywhere so when we didn't "go to the movies" and we ended up at the Anniversary Inn I was completely surprised! I guess this was a good enough reason to miss Celine Dion ;) Then when Alex showed me the key to our room.... I was freaking out!
The rooms are all themed, and this one came with sparkling cider and cheesecake.
Even more perfectly, Alex brought the movie Twilight to have us watch while we were there. I'd never stayed anywhere like this and it was beyond amazing!! He's such a good husband.
I really do love July!!

1 comment:

Riki Lee said...

Thank you for keeping up your blog. I love hearing about your adventures. Happy 3 years to you! Miss you guys. (I think I say that every time i comment here.)