Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Frustration spills

I have never used my blog for venting.... there's always a first for everything.

I HATE when I let things affect me. I know it is our choice to feel or react in a certain way but gosh darn it, sometimes your human nature takes over before your "reasonable mind" can figure out that how you should react or feel isn't how you're reacting or feeling. I let myself respond to frustrations in the wrong way, and then I get more frustrated that I did that... it's a vicious cycle I'm definitely working on. What makes it worse, is when these feelings begin at work and follow me home. Poor Alex has no warning and he's the first in the line of FIRE. He's under attack before either of us even know what's going on. Is this possible that I am the only one who feels this way? I will not, I REFUSE, to chalk it up to "female hormones" it is neither true nor valid. I have control over such things..... but why do my responses act faster than my brain. I know it is illogical, I know I'm just frustrated. I'm so grateful that my husband knows too.

Alex is so patient and understanding, helping me to work through idiocies of others that have affected me so. I should not have to babysit at work, I should not have to remind you what your job is. The worst part is, you're oblivious! I am understanding what it's like to be a teacher, but without the satisfaction of a student who finally understands the concepts.

I owe part of my frustration to my parents, who taught me well in the manners of responsibility, to know when someone is not fulfilling theirs. I am not old enough to say anything about the "younger generation" but I will say that I am old enough to KNOW BETTER. Come on people!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Haha, I have to tell you that I LOVE this post Elisabeth!!! I have the same problem. I totally freak out and then later realize, I should have thought before I acted.... I know that feeling all too well of the frustrations you've shared. I've been in that very same boat. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a resolution. When things get so bad, all I can do is laugh. :)

The Martin Family said...

Let it out! It is good to vent. You are so great at communicating. You and Alex make a great team!

Chelsi said...

I find it funny (yet comforting) to know that we reacted the exact same way. I too am working on the "think before you speak/act" thing. Maybe we can figure it out together!