Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sick Day

Saturday afternoon I got a sore on my right ear where the earlobe attaches. It got more sore as the night went on when one of my lymph nodes got swollen. The slit goes from the front to the back. This picture is after I'd put neosporin on it for two days straight and trying to wear bandaids on it - they should market bandaids for unusual places cause that was tricky. It looks better than it was and better than it feels.
Druing the night Saturday more lymphnodes were swollen and I couldn't sleep on that side, from radiating pain. Monday I made an appointment for the Dr. and saw her that evening after work.
She prescribed some antibiotics and an ointment - apparently this is just a dry crack that has gotten out of control. It doesn't usually happen in this area of the body, you're more likely to see them on the sides of peoples mouths when their comissures crack. But because I wear a mask every day and the strings pull on my ear it hasn't been able to heal.

Oh and surprise ending to the Dr. visit.... I got a tetanus shot. It actually wasn't bad at all, I didn't even know she'd done it and she was already capping the needle. HOWEVER the next day is another story....
This morning I woke up with an incredibly sore shoulder.... TETANUS SHOTS = LAME
I was warned to move my arm after the shot so it didn't get too sore. Well Alex and I did a good job moving it until I went to sleep.
To make the morning even more interesting. I took my antibiotic when I got to work and within 5 min. could feel that something was wrong. My chest started hurting, like there was something stuck on the way down, sweats, heart racing and the feeling of needing to vomit. My hands were shaky as I finished the first patient and then took my blood pressure. It was pretty low, but I knew there was something wrong. I went downstairs to our break room and called Alex. I immediatley got rid of everything I'd eaten that morning, including the antibiotic. I felt a little better but still had the urge to purge. My sweet husband hadn't left for work yet, so I had him come get me.
Here I sit on the couch with not much to do. My brother brought some gingerale, but I'm not up to putting anything in my system just yet, still having the urge. Just waiting for the Dr. office to call back with what I should do.....
Reactions to medications = EVEN LAMER!!!

1 comment:

GoatesGirl said...

I hope you are doing better. Happy Holidays! Can you email me your address so I can send a little something?