Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PorSha's Decision

My neice PorSha made quite a big decision on Saturday when she was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by her Grandpa Hoffmann. She is quite the spirit sent from heaven. Born into circumstances that are not ideal, she has the strength to make it better.
Throughout the whole baptism there wasn't a time when someone wasn't crying. You could definitely feel the spirit of Heavenly Father all around as this precious daughter of God was receiving this wonderful gift.
I don't know why Alex posed like this and even though we took another picture, I had to post this one cause he just has a "booty"
We were so excited to share this day with PorSha. Alex was a witness and in the confirmation circle, and I cried through an invocation.
She is definitely her daddy's little girl. I don't know if he'll ever be able to let her grow up.
As aunts and uncles we decided to give PorSha her very own set of scriptures with her name on them! We went after her baptism to surprise her. She was so excited to pick out her own color and decide how she wanted her name printed on them.
She's already been marking off each page as she "reads" it.
Grandma and Grandpa Hoffmann let her pick out her own scripture case. I think she did a great job.She only turned 8 in August, and yet she's so grown up. I can't believe it's been over 8 years since this little monkey came into our lives. I asked PorSha what her favorite part of the day was and she said, "The baptism. I felt all warm."
Isn't it amazing how simple it can be, their young spirits just get it.
She was so worn out from the excitement of the day, that she crashed on the way to her dad's house..... precious!!!
That night, Jacob and Elaina and Alex and I went to the Delta Center (I refuse to call it by it's "new name") to see BYU play San Francisco. Mom got us free tickets from a lady at her work that couldn't use them.
Although we didn't know until we got there that the pairs of tickets weren't next to each other. Jacob and Elaina sat on the same row, just around the corner from us.
They wiped the floor with San Fran.
Self Portrait
Overall it was an amazing day! Full of the Spirit and fun. I couldn't believe it actually snowed, but PorSha said that it was good luck to snow on a baptism... so I'll believe her.

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

What a darling little girl. It sounds like a very special day. You family is amazing!