Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Accidents happen.....

Two weeks ago I got a phone call from Alex on his way home from school. The words, "I need you to come get me, I've been in an accident" were unlike any I want to hear ever again. I had to remember that if he was calling, he was ok but that also meant his car wasn't. I've been the passenger in accidents before but have never been in the driver seat (knock on wood) and I can't imagine what he was going through. So I drove to Lehi to find my husband and his car :(
I felt so bad as I'm sure he did. He'd tagged someone from behind. Thank goodness the other driver was in a bigger jeep and did nothing to his car. Poor little Scion.Alex had to take my car during the day because he still needed to go down to school. So 2 weeks later after Alex having to get up "too early" to take me to work, rides home from co-workers, and borrowing my parents van in desperation, we got our baby back!!!
Alex couldn't have been more excited that his car looked "just as perfect as when I bought it." Although I don't recomend this as a way to get your car back to perfection ;)
We had the car taken to a shop in Midvale because a co-worker of mine has a brother-in-law that works there and swore by his work.
Everything turned out ok and thanks to insurance we didn't have to pay the $5,800 bill!! Who would have known there were so many things packed in the front of that tiny little car to cost that much? Thanks to Mac at Unique autobody you guys are the best.

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

That stinks! Glad it is back and just like new!!!