Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OMGOSH I posted!!!

I know, it's been a while. We've been busy. Here's part of why....
This summer Alex and I created a "summer bucket list" the first thing was to accomplish a hike we'd never done before. We chose Donut Falls with a coworker of his... 
 Nobody tells you that you should wear shoes that can get wet to actually hike all the way. So us girls stayed behind while the men ventured up to the tip top.
 The falls - check!! (Coworker Ben in the background)
 Also this summer, Brooke sent us (back) some more awesome nail stickers. It's so fun to have some fun crazy design on that you'd never be able to paint, ever! We loved them!!
 Mom's fingernails were so short, she was able to share the leftover parts of her stickers with my niece Lexus, they were so cute on her little fingers! THANKS BEE!!
 Alex and I also celebrated our FOURTH anniversary!! I was trying to surprise him with one of his favorite cakes, Tres Leches (apparently I was mistaken, it is one of his favorites if it is "authentic") as you know, I am not authentically south american, so we did our best :) 
 While I was making a cake to surprise him, he had a surprise of his own I was not prepared for.... So I was unexpectedly removed from the house and taken to dinner, in OUR basement!! That's right. My sweet husband had dinner waiting in the car, we drove out to our house, which had just had the cement poured for the basement, so we sat down there and ate dinner! (where that picture is, I don't know...)
Then we came back and had cake. Thank goodness my mom was home and took it out of the oven for me! Thanks mama Jo!
 Our summer continued with something that had been on our bucket list for quite a while.....
This is Alex's face the moment I showed him the POSITIVE results (on my phone) of our umpteenth pregnancy test!!!
He was so shocked, we were on our way camping with my family for the weekend, I'd been holding it in all morning because he had a test at school and I wanted him to focus. When I picked him up from work, it was the first moment I'd had alone with him, and would be the rest of the weekend. What a fun ride up to Coalville that was :)
So YES for most of you out there you already know, but we are PREGNANT!!! What a fun thing to find out three days after our anniversary right?
 As we drove in the van behind my family on their motorcycles, we just couldn't stop talking about it. It was seriously the best day EVER right next to my wedding day. We'd been waiting so long for this moment, it was the best news we didn't think would happen.
 Not even a rainy weekend, plagued by a "no fire restriction" could dampen our spirits.
Everyone was such good sports about the rain and not as warm weather as we're used to in July. Good thing mom and dad had the canopies. 
 Cooking our meals was interesting with the lack of being able to cook over a fire. We made do, definitely "roughed it" ;)
 They take good care of their bikes, or were they just afraid of a little rain?....
 We took a day and went into Old Town Park City. Which the rain stopped just as we got there, so it turned out to be a fun experience. Especially since I'd never been there.
I LOVE MOOSE!!
 I never did see an "Old Town Dentist office".... hmmm
 Alex thought of my dad for these... except he will NEVER shave his mustache again, right dad?!
 Rachel loves wolves, we thought it was only fitting that her Yorkies get to meet a real one... Don't they look like they're enjoying it?
 Can you believe it! Alex found his haven!
 Sample bar of HOT SAUCE! Ryan, if you have not been to this place, you have got to check it out.
 For your general info... in case you have a desire to die from your insides frying!
 This is what happens when you go through your pictures months afterwards and find out that at times, people would take your camera and have fun
 They said we couldn't have fires, but that doesn't include briquettes right?
 Good thing too because they were later used to roast our mallows.
 I rationalized to my brother Ben, that if someone can fit 36 marshmallows in their mouth, and the Large mallows are the equivalent of maybe 3-4, it only makes sense then, that someone should be able to fit at least 3-4 large marshmallows in their mouth.
Good thing Algebra was never Ben's favorite subject, because he fell for it!! Man I miss the debate team in school ;)
This is how far he made it with three....
 Mmm, Zeus taken a lap with grandma Jo.
 We somehow never took any pictures but of our house in August. Yes there were things that happened, but nothing apparently that exciting. Oh yeah, and I turned 28.
On to September. My family loves dinner theater and one of the best places is Desert Star.
 Alex and I waiting for the show.
 Cute mom and pops
 Jacob and Elaina. We had great corner seats.
 It was such a fun show! Especially with Sheldon Cooper!!!
 Oh yeah, about our pregnancy. So again, I'm sure most of you reading this know that we are having twins! Our Dr. explained that with our circumstances, twins not being on either side of our families we had less than a 4% chance of having twins. We waited so long for this little miracle that we feel exponentially blessed that it is now TWO little miracles.
This is the second ultra sound where we see each babies heartbeats and the last picture is of them together... I can't ever tell what is what in these pics, but I'm pretty sure I believe the Dr. :)
While Alex and I have moved into our home now (yes an entire blog full of house pics will come tomorrow), we have still been busy. I'm still working full time and so is Alex, while going to school. The picture below is of his "homework" he was required to hack into a system, retrieve and then crack 12,000 passwords. I felt like we were living the Matrix or something. But he truly LOVES what he's doing, it's ridiculous.
We have so much going on and life is so fun right now... if only I could find cheap maternity clothes. With two babies in a 4 foot 11 1/4 inch frame, they've got nowhere to go but out, and FAST! I'm so big already and I'm only 18 1/2 weeks! We have a Dr. appt to find out the genders tomorrow morning, but we'll be keeping that in a sealed envelope to reveal at a special event at our house where we'll be finding out with our families all at the same time. I can't wait... can I keep from peeking in that envelope until then? ;)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Congrats on the twins! That's so exciting! And congrats on the house.