Thursday, March 8, 2012

days off

Alex and I have been sick since Sunday.... well technically he was sick for about two weeks, then felt better last Wednesday and was fine until Saturday night.
We had so much fun celebrating his grandpa Peanut's 90th birthday and seeing all of his family, but by Sunday morning when we woke up, we were both not feeling well. Basically slept the ENTIRE day and tried to get up for work on Monday. Alex said he was feeling better, but he's just a tough guy cause he never really got better. As for me, I got worse. The Dr. said it was a viral infection our bodies just have to let run it's course :( I prefer to take a proactive approach. However, there is nothing we can do. By Tuesday my boss asked if he could send me home. I finished out the day and luckily didn't have to go back the rest of the week. Alex has been such a trooper going to work and school, both of us with no sleep. I guess it could be worse... "knock, knock"
Looking on the "brighter" side of things I recently needed a change in my life. I wasn't ready to cut my hair - it took 3 years to get it long again, so I went with changing the color! 
My best friend went to cosmetology school, so I got lucky with someone to help me experiment. 
Yep that's right I put purple highlights throughout the whole thing. My hair didn't want to take the The demi-permanent color, so we went with full on permanent dye. I didn't want anything too "creative" so we stuck with an awesomely dark purple that blends so well with my already dark hair. Makes you take a second look as if you question what you're seeing, if it's really purple or not. I love it!!
This is what happens when your life becomes to routine. I'm excited to see where else I go with this! Alex is so supportive. I told him I was doing it and he said, "cool, let me see a pic when it's done." I love him!! I guess if he gets to grow his out, I can color mine.

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

It is super cute Elisabeth. You are more brave than I am. I could never pull that off.
GET BETTER!!

Riki Lee said...

You left a comment on my blog about how to make collages in picasa. It's easy schmeasy. You just select the group of photos you want, and then click go to Create - Picture Collage. Then you just go through the different options and move pictures around, and then click "Make Collage" to finalize it turning it into a jpg. It's really easy and kind of fun. That was the first time I did it. Hope you guys are doing great! I'm jealous that you're so brave with your hair.