Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Eye for Me

I woke up Friday morning with something in my eye.....
I actually couldn't even see out if it to find out what was up.
Once I got Alex to finish taking pictures of my "disease" I cleaned it out to find.....
Something I didn't want to see. RED. my whole left eye was just like the inside of a Christmas cinnamon bear. YIKES. At least it wasn't a work day.
I began with a regimen of eye drops and warm packs hoping it was just a little dry. Hmm I seemed to be the only one thinking it was nothing. Alex recommended I wait to go to the Dr. until Saturday, in case it was nothing and went away.
Of course my luck was like the movie "Ground Hog Day." I woke up Saturday and it was the exact same thing again. So.... I waited a few hours before I was once again seriously encouraged to call a Dr. In case it was pink eye and needed to be taken care of.
*Side note* I do NOT like going to the Dr. office when "something is wrong" I know they're going to charge me $25 just to tell me something is wrong and then give me an Rx that costs way too much, and I won't get it anyway. Isn't insurance awesome!

So I made the appointment, sat in the waiting room for 30 min, in the patient room for 5 min, with the assistant who said, "Oh you've got the Stink EYE!" Really? and you're not even the Dr. good thing I had you check me out :(
Sure enough the Dr. poked his head in and said, "ooh nasty looking eye you got there. Looks like pink eye, or some kind of bacteria or virus. Either way it'll run it's course in about 72 hours. But let's just give you this antibiotic you have to put a ribbon of goo on the inside of your eyelid and blink"
*Another side note* I DON'T let anything touch my eyeball. Are you serious? It's hard enough just to get eye drops in. It's drama enough with that.
So I left feeling like I'd just been told everything we researched on WebMD and turned in the Rx at the pharmacy.... Hmm pay $90 for the scrip or wait till Monday morning and I'll be ok.... What do you think?
Wear an eye patch instead of course!
Thanks Ryan and Jenny. It was put to very good use.
Although I did have to miss snowboarding and felt diseased with my Stank Eye for a few days, I am all better now and can FINALLY wear make up to work again.
Yeah, who decided to take our staff picture today of all days without make up :(
Oh well, at least it's Finally February ;)

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

You make a cute pirate! So glad you are on the mend!

J n Bee said...

but you do make such a great little pirate. i can hear you "arghing" in my little head right now.:) you are the best and to be honest i am relieved to hear that you are lazy at times. when i think of you, i think of on the go, always doing something good. ahh! don't we all just need a breath of fresh air sometimes?

don't worry, love- i am saving plenty for you come april!
wa-hoo!

loves! bee

Ashlee said...

Hooray for February! I'm so glad you got that dang burger off the top of your blog, it would seriously give me a major bad craving every time I saw it! But not so glad you had to get pink eye :( Hope you are all better!