Friday, July 2, 2010

Aloha Ohana!

We had the awesome opportunity to take an 11 day trip a few weeks ago, with my family, to HAWAII!
I unfortunately got a sinus infection the day we left - so flying was not so much fun but that was the only frown the whole time.Our first afternoon was the Waimea waterfalls
While the boys went golfing on the beach.
The next morning started with a smaller flight - my first helicopter!
Hawaii's Grand Canyon
James Bond's archway
Before we knew it, we were on another island and hit the beach
Some hit it a little too hard ;)
and some just took it easy

We got to see and experience so many amazing things
USS Bowfin
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Missouri
the bullets it shoots
Sunsets and sunrises
Laie temple
Polynesian Cultural Center
Easter Island
Luau - pineapple and poi

Punchbowl Cemetery - we found Alex's uncle Edward Martin
I ridiculously LOVE pineapple. So the Dole plantation was perfect! and their pineapple with Li Hing it was so much better. I had to bring some back with me :)
Then I won a raffle to pick my very own oyster and see what was inside....
My very first pearl and it's BLACK! Could that be more perfect.
Alex - performing the sleeping test. He was such a trooper and so was Grant!
Parasailing was SOOOO peaceful
Nice landing
Of course I find them.
Our last night in Oahu we threw our leis into the ocean as tradition and our hopes to return.
Edgar brought us fresh mango the morning we left his house. DELISH
Hilo's burgers are fabulous

Volcano National Park
Lava tube

The fuming crater
Volcano at night
I don't like nuts in things... this place changed my WORLD!
Hilo is BEAUTIFUL and so surprising
One of my FAVORITE surprises was the black sand beach - it's BLACK


You'd know we were sisters.... if I wasn't so white. I promise I did have a tan

Maui
Snorkeling for the first time - can you say cheese?
It was windy on the drive back
Pride of Maui
Cool Cats not only had good food, but their live music was a riot
There's Britain in my blood
Maui has one too!
This is for you Bubba
The whole family - Baby G was a trooper
My parents are truly the cutest and the BEST!! Thank you, thank you!!
The ride home was much better - especially considering it was a red eye and had a descent movie.
I couldn't believe I got all my luggage home. Like my dad said, who could mistake that for their own.

I still can't believe it's over. It was AMAZING!!! We had so much fun and can't believe we got to experience everything we did. It was the best and can't wait to go back. Until then, where will our adventures take us.......

2 comments:

Riki Lee said...

So when I finally get to go to Hawaii, will you come be my tour guide? Looks like you guys did so many fun things! I love all the pictures.

The Martin Family said...

It looks like it was a great vacation! I love all the pictures and can't wait to talk to you in person to hear all the fun details!

See you tomorrow!!!