Friday, October 10, 2008

Domestication here I come

One of my best friends from high school is having a baby!! Little Karl Jacob. So to try my hand at domestication I told her I would make a blanket. Little did I know what I was getting into. I had never made this kind of blanket before and didn't really have a pattern, just the idea in my head. So I bought the material (WAY TOO MUCH, but that's what the lady at the store told me I would need) but at least I'll have enough to make another blanket! So Melissa told me I could pick the colors. Knowing it would be a boy I picked blue and this cute animal print and then of course I had to add green. And topped it all off, or rather backed it all with a nice brown. So after making a blanket the size of my entire body and a sore on my hand from all the cutting. My fringe baby blanket was DONE :) and I am proud to say it turned out very well. And even better, when I showed up to the baby shower with the blanket I found out that the colors of the baby room were BLUE AND BROWN! So perfect and with my green touch it will always remind them of me.

1 comment:

SqUiRt said...

Nice work!! I'm VERY impressed, but not really surprised. You've always been a pretty good lil sewer (haha is that a word? You know what I mean! I would totally say seamstress, but that just makes me think of clothes, any you my friend are obviously more talented than just sewing clothes). Remember the pj pants and our heart shorts? I knew you always had a blanket in you too!