Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Honeymooners, Surf's Up

For our honeymoon, Alex took us to Seal Beach California. It was RELAXING!! We stayed at his aunt's beach house, literally a block away from the beach. We took bike rides, got my hair cut.... it was a spontaneous decision the first day we were there, made cookies, and so much more. The sign behind us proving we were in Seal Beach was taken on one of our bike rides.
The first morning we were there we went boogie boarding at the beach, I got rocked hard and almost lost a bathing suit...

Yes that's Alex acutally touching a stingray at the Pike's Aquarium which is just like Sea World but a slightly smaller scale. I touched it too, but we weren't quick enough with the camera, those things are slippery ICK Then of course he took his turn surfing while I was a sea lion.
I have this weird obsession with Tom Hanks which has naturally lead me to be a Forrest Gump fan, and as I call my brother Bubba, I have become his Forrest, it has nothing to do with how smart I am ;) So whenever I go to Bubba Gump's I snap some kind of reminder.

After an awesome day at the Aquarium we took a walk down to the Marina for a boat ride. Sunset on the Beach begs the question, how can you deny there is a Heavenly Father to provide such an awe-inspiring sight? No this wasn't my first time seeing Mickey Mouse, but out of the 2 times I've now seen him, it's the only time the picture is there to prove it.
So to explain more about our story let me tell you why our return to Seal Beach was so fun. Alex went to this same place on his Senior trip 5 years ago. On that trip he took surf lessons from Mike who introduced him to our great friend Mindy because they and their friends were all from Utah. They became such good friends that 4 years later, Mindy's older sister and my former Mia Maid leader, Melissa decided that Alex and I should be introduced... so when he was in need of a blind date, he got my number and the rest is bliss. So upon our return to Seal Beach we of course had to take surf lessons from none other than Mike. He totally remembered Alex and was so excited asked us for a picture and to blog our story on his website. It was such a great way for us to complete the surfing circle in a way. Thanks to Mindy and Melissa, but also thanks to Mike and Aunt Terrell who started us off. Surfing was so much fun and I only lost one fingernail :) Our honeymoon ened and we returned home to .... MOVE. But did I forget to mention that we drove a 2008 Toyota Rav4, Only my FAVORITE car!! He is too good to me.

No comments: